The Sustainable Future section publishes a quarterly newsletter, The Long View. For information about publishing in The Long View, please see the newsletter editorial staff information.
Below is a list of our recent newsletters. Please click here to go to our archives of past issues.
Summer 2014 — The Long View – No. 16
- Corporate Social Responsibility – Making it Meaningful by Jeff Cronn and Marco Materazzi
- Program Announcement! Climate Change Plaintiffs Score in Court of Appeals (August 5, 2014)
- Western Water Law and Sustainability by John DeVoe
- Is Western Water Law Sustainable? by Martha Pagel
- Lines in the Sand – Climate Change and the Oregon Coast by Steven R. Schell
- The Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Connection by Marie Burcham
Spring 2014 — The Long View – No. 15
- Genetically Engineered Salmon. Aurora Paulson, a Legal Fellow at the Center for Food Safety, discusses issues related to genetically engineered salmon and efforts being made to secure FDA approval to raise GE Salmon for food.
- Program Announcement! Collaborative Forestry Field Trip on June 28, 2014
- 2014 Law Office Leadership Award Announcement: Paperless Office (Nominations due July 31)
- Partners in Sustainability Program: Revised Criteria
- Around Town: Innovations to Advance Sustainability: In 2013, the Section presented its third annual Sustainable Law Office Leadership Award to Markowitz Herbold Glade & Mehlhaf PC to recognize the most innovative recent practice of a law firm in advancing sustainability. In this article, we describe the innovative practices of the other law firms who applied for the 2013 Award.
Consider This . . . “Before this we thought we knew this was happening, but now we have overwhelming evidence that it is happening and it is real.” ~Dr Saleemul Huq, Senior Fellow in the Climate Change Group at the International Institute for Environment and Development and one of the co-authors of the most recent IPCC report on climate change
Thank you for reading The Long View. Your feedback and suggestions on content are welcome.
Michelle Slater Law LLC